Friday, March 12, 2010

Iphone has great Accessability features

I realize I'm probably late to the party but my wife accidentally turned on the zoom feature on her Iphone and it really impressed me.  I'm not a huge fan of apple products but this feature alone makes me think i wouldn't mind having an Iphone.

Here is the feature demonstrated.



Here are some additional accessibility features offered on the Iphone



One thing that still bothers me is the font size in text messages. I really think this needs to be more customizable, but otherwise it seems like a very good device for those with low vision.

1 comment:

  1. Dear bloggers,
    We are student researchers in the Occupational Therapy department at San Jose State University and we need your help in conducting a study that is investigating the experiences of people with low vision and blindness when encountering touch screen devices in the community. You will be asked to complete and return a survey via email, mail or in person as applies. The results of this study should increase our understanding of how touch screens impact the low vision and blind community. Please take 15 minutes to visit touchscreensurvey.weebly.com to complete the survey and email it back before April 9, 2010. For more information please visit the mentioned website.
    Thank you for you time and consideration!
    Sincerely,
    Janelle, Michelle, Christine and Kelley, SJSU Students inconvenience

    ReplyDelete