Sunday, April 18, 2010

Low Vision Aids in the local libraries

This is a story about a library at the University of Louisiana. Offering low vision aids. Specifically something that is called a Monomouse magnifier. It looks like a mouse that hooks up to a TV. There is a camera in the flat side of the mouse that projects the image on to the TV. Its basically a CCTV built into a mouse like device. There are a few types, but they can zoom in as much as 24X.

I had the opportunity to try one of these at my local sight center. I really thought it was a great device. As compared to the Desktop Digital Magnifiers that are much more expensive and take up a lot of space. These are small, relatively cheap and very useful. I dont own one but I hope to get one soon.

I suggest taking a look at these if you have difficulty reading print.

No comments:

Post a Comment